Friday, September 30, 2011

Poem for Veterans

My Grandparents served our country in WW2. Grandpa & Grandma Eastwood served in the South Pacific. That's where they met.
My Grandpa Bobo helped liberate France.
We owe us so much to our veterans. Our freedoms & for some of us even our families.

PRAYER FOR VETERANS
Written By Mary Elizabeth Bobo

To all the men and women,
Who left homes, safe and warm,
And worked, and trained, and traveled,
And bravely took up arms,

Who fought on foreign battlefields,
And slept on cold strange soil,
Who stayed awake, and watched their post,
Without complaint they toiled.

Today is the day we honor you,
And all the things you've done,
To make this country free and great,
For all our daughters and sons.

We thank you for the sacrifice
You gave, each woman and man.
And we do not now, nor will we ever,
Forget what you've done for our land.

Those of us, here at home,
Some are weak and sick.
Some are too young, some too old,
To do the things you did.

We are not each of us able
A soldier to become,
So we thank those of you who did,
And who fought for those like us.

And though I cannot take up arms,
I can take up my cross.
Walk a straight and narrow way,
Suffer any loss.

Bear Christ's burden; obey His commands,
Hold a shield of faith.
Cover my feet with His Gospel,
Let righteousness be my breastplate.

My helmet of salvation,
I'll wear for eternity,
(For everlasting is the God
Who saved a wretch like me!)

With His truth I'm gird about,
And fight forevermore.
His Word, hidden my heart,
Is a shining, two edged sword.

I am a spiritual soldier,
Wearing armor that can't be seen,
I stand and fight with Jesus,
By the grace He's given me,

But in prayer before the LORD,
I drop down on my knees.
To intercede, and fight for you.
The way you've fought for me.

THANK YOU TO OUR VETERANS!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment